You may be tired of carrying the cumbersome weight of your regular vacuum cleaner around the house for cleaning purposes. You might as well be craving for a handheld vacuuming solution. The redeeming fact is that you need not rush to the market to buy a handheld vacuum cleaner, you can gather little objects and combine them to make your own right in the comfort of your home. Don’t worry, it is pretty easy to come up with a handheld vacuum cleaner of your own without much hassle. Rest assured and follow the steps.
The items required
You would need a little bunch of everyday objects before you can go ahead with a vacuum cleaner of your own. Those things are:
- A glue gun
- A bending pipe
- First aid cloth
- A redundant deodorant bottle
- A plastic bottle
With the things ready, let us move further with the process.
Follow these steps:
- Cut your plastic bottle in half.
- Grab that deodorant bottle and carve a flat sheet out of its body.
- You are going to be using this sheet to carve out a fan to be attached to the motor.
- Cut out a circular disk of the size of your plastic bottle and draw guidelines like markings of a compass.
- With the help of these lines, carefully cut the disk and mold the cuttings in the shape of a fan.
- Pin a hole in the middle of this fan, be careful to do it while the disk is still around and untouched.
- You are done with your fan.
- Grab a dc motor with 12-volt rating. Now grab a ball pen refill.
- Slide this refill on the rotating rod of the motor and place the fan you made at the other end of it.
- Use the glue for desired strength of your rotating mechanism.
- Cut out a hole at the bottom of your plastic bottle and carefully place your motor through it. The fan has to be inside the bottle while the supply end of the motor bulging slightly outward.
- Place the other half of the bottle back in place using some duct tape.
- Now bring your bending pipe into the picture. Use the neck of the bottle to the affix the pipe to the body of your vacuum cleaner. The other end of the pipe would be used for suction.
- You can give the final touches to your vacuum cleaner with decoration of your choice.
- Do not forget to make a cardboard handle and attach it to the body for added convenience.
Thus, you are done with a handheld vacuum cleaner of your own without having to spend money for it. This device would be helpful for small tasks. However, for heavier tasks, it is advised that you make use of the real thing.
To make this device a reality, you have to get up and work on it. Happy vacuuming!